You’re getting this message from me because you already know that I am a distributor of essential oils or maybe I just want you to know! If you want to be off of my list, please let me know and I’ll remove you promptly…but I wanted to start sending out a message to each of you every month to give you info about the featured “oil of the month” and just a little bit of info about these awesome therapeutic-grade oils that have been pretty life-changing for me and my family. The website where you can find all info pertaining to these oils is www.youngliving.com but I’d love to be a resource for you if you have any questions at all. If you think you’d like to try these oils please just say the word and I’ll bring them by or send you some to sample. They are great to use on yourself, your kids, your pets and can be used topically, ingested or diffused into the air (depending on the particular oil). Since they are therapeutic-grade they have medicinal properties and are of the utmost purity and distilled at the perfect moment so you’ll be getting the best of the best.
I prefer to use natural methods for healing whenever I can, so I’ve been teaching myself about herbs, tinctures, and homeopathy since before I had kids, I’m just not a huge fan of pharmaceuticals unless they are really needed…so this has been a perfect new way for me to learn more and use essential oils that have been used for hundreds of years for their medicinal properties. It makes me feel like a really good mom when I figure out a way to heal my kids by using a time trusted method and is very empowering to have access to such amazing oils to prevent them from getting sick and to get them better more quickly, and not just them, but Shane and I too. With that empowering feeling comes an urge to gain new knowledge, since these oils are so powerful, you have to be careful with them so I’ve been teaching myself and learning from my friends about different uses for them. Everyone that uses these oils has a story to tell about how they’ve helped in some way…so I’ve decided that focusing on one oil each month is the best way to get the most information to you, so this month I pick Lemon Oil. Lemon is one of the oils that comes in the starter kit aka Everyday Oils. The Everyday Oils kit comes with nine oils that can pretty much literally be used everyday! It is the most perfect way to get started incorporating these oils into your life.
I love having oil parties, in fact they are one of my favorite things, so if anyone wants to have one / host one, please let me know! If you want another one I’ll even have another at my house, or two, or more!
Anyway, Lemon Oil:
* I most recently put some in my dishwasher when I washed a load of dishes, it made my kitchen smell like a big tasty lemon. I just dropped a drop in the soap dispenser.
* I like to put it in my water bottle so it doesn’t get the funky water bottle smell, plus it tastes nice and fresh.
* This oil promotes mental acuity when it is diffused. (Talk to me if you want more info about diffusing oils)
* Boosts immunity (It is one of the essential oils in the blend Thieves (a must for cold season) – which I cannot say enough good things about). Another plus to putting a drop in your water bottle!
* Facilitates Relaxation
* I like to mix it with Lavender (this oil is featured in Mothering Magazine this month) and diffuse it in my house. Mmmm.
* Creates an overall sense of well-being.
* It is great for cleaning, it’ll clean goo off of most anything. Try it on sticky gum.
* Supports healthy cardiovascular system.
* It’s great for hangovers.
* It maintains proper digestive function.
* It improves concentration and the ability to memorize.
* It has anti-bacterial and anti-viral effects.
* It is antifungal.
* Use it on your insect bites.
* Use it when you have a fever.
* Use it in your carpet cleaner.
* Use it to eliminate pet odors.
* Polish your furniture with it.
* Helps with insomnia.
* Lemon oil is helpful in reducing weight.
* Good for your hair – gets rid of dandruff.
* Effective against infectious diseases like fever, malaria and typhoid.
* Helps with stomach problems like indigestion, acidity, stomach upsets, and cramps.
* Clean your butcher block with it!
* And finally – The peels of about *1,500 lemons are required to produce one pound of lemon oil*. So this stuff is the bomb!
I could go on and on about this oil if you just do a search online you’ll find a lot of more uses for this great oil!
Another little tip I just read: Due to immune stimulating properties, Lemon Essential Oil should not be used *topically* on people who have an autoimmune disease. *If this is a concern to you you may want to do a bit more research. I just found on it on a website, but they didn’t have any further information.
I place orders on the 6th of each month, so if you are interested in trying something out please let me know. If you want to find out more, also please let me know, and if you want to have a little party, or just want me to come over and show you some oils, just say the word! Anna Rummel and I are going to start having monthly oil meetings – to be held at Nature Boy/Walking Stick Toys. These meetings will be informational (similar to this email) only you’ll be able to find out a lot more info and actually try the oils. Following the meeting we’ll have a “business building” continuation of the meeting if you’re wanting to grow your essential oil business. So we’ll keep you posted on the first meeting date!
Oh one more thing if you are wanting a reference guide I have a small stack of them, so I can send/deliver them to you $20 each. Annie one is coming your way and Mom I’ll send one to you too. If you’d like to see what the book looks like here is an amazon link (It is a pretty fantastic resource) – http://www.amazon.com/Quick-Reference-Guide-Essential-November/dp/0970658370/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1237294803&sr=8-3
Have a great day!